Details uploaded to the Good Smile Company site today. Been waiting for this day for a very long time - the effort that went into making this happen has finally paid off! I'm just over the moon. Been singing and humming all day long ^^;;
figma Mirai has only been up for pre-order for a few hours and is already the 3rd top selling figure on Amazon Japan (see screenshot below). Growing the userbase in Japan by writing in Japanese everyday has also paid off it seems ^o^
Before I continue, here are the links to get your figma Mirai Suenaga:-
Details from the Good Smile Company site as follows:-
Mirai Suenaga, The lovable mascot character from dannychoo.com and Culture Japan is joining the figma collection!
* Using the smooth yet poseable joints of figma, you can act out a variety of different scenes.
* A flexible plastic is used for specific areas, which allows proportions to be kept without compromising posability.
* Mirai comes with both a smiling face and a crying face. She also comes with a handkerchief to wipe the tears from her crying face.
* She also comes with both a camera and her laptop, so she can take photos wherever she goes!
* Danny Choo - Mirai's creator, is always playing with a Mirai doll, so a figma-sized Mirai doll is also included for figma Mirai to play with!
* A poseable figma stand is included, which allows various poses to be taken.
* Product Name figma Mirai Suenaga (ふぃぐま すえながみらい)
* Series Culture Japan
* Manufacturer Max Factory
* Category figma
* Price 2800円 (including tax)
* Release Date 2011/06
* Specifications Painted ABS&PVC non-scale posable figure, stand included, approximately 140mm in height
* Sculptor Good Smile Company
* Released by Max Factory
* Distributed by Good Smile Company
The camera included lets Mirai to take photos of Japan and the laptop enables her to blog and share those photos. SD card not included. And no the accessories are not stuck to her hands!
Mirai-chan comes with her own doll. I'm going to line the top of my monitor with loads of those.
Mirai-chan comes with a crying face and handkerchief. Who made her cry?
A few months later in March 2009, I started to plan an April fools and asked Ionized whether I could use the 3D data which I was to give to Good Smile Company. They fed the data into their 3D printer and out came some parts...
And just over a year later, we managed to find time to sculpt the extra accessories and secure the production line in the factories.
figma Mirai Suenaga will be released in June 2011.
Created a wallpaper for figma Mirai which you may want to nab from Flickr - its 3000px X 1686px.
And as for Nendoroid Mirai? Depends on whether figma Mirai does well - and today's best selling ranking at Amazon looks like a good indication of things to come ^o^